Conditions of Entry
1. All competitors must enter online prior to the event or complete an entry form on the day of the event. Register at www.westernsydneymarathon.com.au
2. There is no minimum age for 5km. The minimum age for 2km is 6 years, the minimum age for 10km is 12 years and Half Marathon and Marathon is 16 years.
3. Competitors under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult.
4. Competitors must keep within the defined course for the duration of the race.
5. Competitors who fail to complete the course must report to race officials at the finish area.
6. All competitors must report to race officials at the finish area within 10 minutes of completing their race.
7. Competitors must follow all regulations and directions given by Venue staff and officials.
8. Prams, domestic pets, rollerblades, skates, scooters, skateboards and bikes are not permitted on the marathon, half marathon and 10km courses. Domestic pets, rollerblades, skates, scooters, skateboards and bikes are not permitted on the 5km course (prams are permitted on the 5km course).
9. Competitors must wear their chest plate at all times during the race. Chest plates will be supplied at registration.
10. If it is the opinion of the Coordinator that the weather or any other unforseen circumstances causes the course to be too dangerous for racing, the event may be cancelled without notice.
11. Maximum entry numbers apply.
12. Early Bird entry fees are as follows (Closes 31st March 2019):
Marathon - 42.195km - $80 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Half Marathon - 21.1km - $60 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Lap the Lake - 10km - $35 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Family Fun Run - $15 (includes Western Sydney finishers medal)
Youth Dash - Early bird prices are not available for the Youth Dash
Regular entry fees are as follows (Closes 29th May 2019):
Marathon - 42.195km - $90 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Half Marathon - 21.1km - $70 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Lap the Lake - 10km - $40 per person (includes Western Sydney Marathon finishers medal)
Family Fun Run - $20 (includes Western Sydney finishers medal)
Youth Dash - $10 (includes Western Sydney finishers medal)
Online entries close Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 11.59pm. Entries will be accepted on the day of the event if maximum numbers have not been reached.
On the day entry fees are as follows:
Marathon - 42.195km - $95 per person
Half Marathon - 21.1km - $75 per person
Lap the Lake - 10km - $35 per person
Family Fun Run - 5km - $25 per person
Youth Dash - $10 per person
13. Payment may be made online via credit card, or on the day by cash or money order (made out to Sydney International Regatta Centre).
14. Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, including for non-starters and non-finishers.
15. The Office of Sport of 6 Figtree Drive, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127 will collect and store the information you voluntarily provide to enable processing of registrations for the event and to provide you with information about this and other events. The information will be provided to relevant staff and be provided to medical professionals where necessary. You consent to these disclosures. Any information provided by you will be stored on a database that will only be accessed by authorised personnel and is subject to privacy restrictions. The information will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. Any information provided by you to The Office of Sport can be accessed by you during standard office hours and updated by writing to us or by contacting us on 13 13 02.
16. The NSW Government may wish to publish results in the media and use photographs, sound and film recordings taken of the event for the promotion of NSW Government services and initiatives to the media and general public.
17. Please refer to our website www.regattacentre.nsw.gov.au for cancellation polices. Declaration (Participants are required to agree to this upon registering) 1. I, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of my loss of life, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry in the event and I admit that I participate in the event solely at my own risk and understand and accept the risks involved in this recreational activity. 2. This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers and includes but is not limited to Sydney International Regatta Centre, the Office of Sport and the State of NSW, medical personnel and shall operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them. 3. I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions during the event. 4. I hereby attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for the event. If requested, I agree to provide with my entry form a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my physical fitness and/or illness during the event. 5. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event and I agree to pay for or reimburse the cost of such medical treatment. 6. I hereby agree that in the event of cancellation due to storm, rain, inclement weather or conditions resulting from inclement weather, winds or other ‘Acts of God’ conditions, the event organisers have the right to cancel or re-schedule the event to another day of their choosing.